The Enrichment Programme (PSHEE)
The Enrichment programme can be described as ‘learning to live life well.’ It deals with real life social and economic issues affecting children & young people, their families and communities. The Enrichment programme at The High Arcal School will help develop the knowledge, understanding and skills young people need to manage their lives, now and in the future.
- All students will be off timetable for a whole day each term.
- Students will be in year/tutor groups
- Students will take part in a rotation of workshop style sessions throughout the collapsed timetable day.
While PSHE education is a non-statutory subject, section 2.5 of the National Curriculum framework document states that:
‘All schools should make provision for PSHE, drawing on good practice.’
The Enrichment programme at The High Arcal School is an important and necessary part of all students’ education and that builds, where appropriate, on the statutory content already outlined in the national curriculum, the basic school curriculum and takes into account the statutory guidance on: drug education, financial education, sex and relationship education (SRE) and the importance of physical activity and diet for a healthy lifestyle.
The Enrichment programme :
- Promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of students at the school within wider society.
- Prepares students at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of ‘later life.’
- Promotes students’ wellbeing and safeguarding (Children Act 2004) and community cohesion (Education Act 2006).
- Reduces prejudice-based bullying and in doing so keeps protected characteristic groups safe (The Equality Act 2010).
The dates for the new Enrichment days are as follows:
- Thursday 24th September 2015
- Friday 20th November 2015
- Wed 24th February 2016
- Tuesday 15th March 2016
- Monday 18th April 2016
Please Click Here to view the Enrichment programme (PSHE) content for each year group.